Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
6 medium potatoes
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded natural sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut potatoes into enough thin slices to measure about 4 cups.
3. Melt margarine in 2-quart saucepan; cook onion about 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in milk and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Replace on heat and heat to boiling, stirring constantly, then boil (continuing to stir) for 1 more minute.
6. Spread potatoes in bottom of ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and pour cheese mixture over top.
7. Bake uncovered 1 hour.
8. Mix remaining cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over potatoes, then dust with paprika. Bake another 15-20 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly.
Return to Potato Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes