Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
6 medium potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons light cream
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. Old English cheese
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Boil potatoes in skins until soft.
2. Preheat oven to 450F.
3. Remove skins and force through ricer in large mixing bowl.
4. Add salt, pepper, butter, baking powder and cream, and beat until well blended and butter is melted.
5. In a saucepan, heat milk, cream cheese and Old English cheese until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Add 2 tablespoons of this mixture at a time to potatoes, beating after each addition. Potatoes should be light and fluffy when finished.
6. Beat egg yolks and add to potatoes, mixing well.
7. Beat egg whites until peaks form, and fold into potatoes.
8. Transfer potatoes to 2-quart casserole dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top. Bake approximately 15 minutes, until browned.
Return to Mashed Potato Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes