Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Recipe
This Mashed Potatoes with Garlic recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 head of garlic
5 tablespoons heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 egg yolk
What To Do
1. Boil potatoes until tender (20-25 minutes).
2. Separate cloves of garlic; simmer, covered with water, in small saucepan about 15 minutes, until they are very soft.
3. Drain potatoes; return to saucepan and place over turned-off but still hot burner for a minute or two to dry. Set aside.
4. Drain garlic cloves and remove skin.
5. Put garlic in food processor with cream and puree.
6. Move potatoes into bowl of electric mixer, add garlic mixture, butter, egg yolk and salt and pepper to taste. Beat until smooth.
Return to Mashed Potato Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes