This Hot Potato Salad recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
3 medium potatoes, boiled in skins
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoons celery seeds
1/2 cup water
3 slices bacon
1 tablespoon unbleached flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
What To Do
1. After potatoes are boiled, peel and slice very thinly.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet and drain, then crumble bacon; return bacon fat to skillet and saute onion until golden brown.
3. Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds and pepper. Cook over low heat until smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in water and vinegar; return to heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
5. Stir in potatoes and bacon bits. Remove from heat; cover and let stand until ready to serve.
Return to Potato Salad Recipes index
Mashed Potato Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes