Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
You have to love onions to love this Scalloped Potatoes recipe. To add a little extra flavor, mix in a quarter-teaspoon of garlic powder, too.
What You Need
2 pounds potatoes
2 cups whole milk
1 cup onion, sliced (about 1 large onion)
2 tablespoons margarine
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do
1. Wash and peel potatoes, then slice thinly.
2. In a heavy, deep skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine, then remove from heat.
3. Spread half of potato slices into skillet. Cover with onions.
4. Mix flour and pepper, then sprinkle half of mixture over potatoes and onions. Add remaining potatoes, plus rest of flour and pepper.
5. Cut 1 tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of mixture.
6. Pour milk over top.
7. Bring to boil over high heat. Then reduce heat and simmer over medium, covered, about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Return to Potato Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes