Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
This Sweet Potato Casserole recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
6 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup butter
1 5.3-oz. can evaporated milk
Grated zest of 1 orange
1/4 cup sherry
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
3 tablespoons melted butter
What To Do
1. Add potatoes to pot and add enough water just to cover; boil until tender, then peel while still hot.
2. Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
3. Place sweet potatoes in large mixing bowl and mash. While beating with electric mixer, gradually add 1/2 cup butter, evaporated milk, orange zest, sherry and brown sugar.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into potatoes.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole.
6. Mix chopped pecans and melted butter and sprinkle over top of potatoes.
7. Bake 30 minutes.
Return to Sweet Potato Recipes index
Mashed Potato Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes