Sweet Potato and spam Casserole Recipe
This Sweet Potato and Spam Casserole recipe makes 3-4 servings.
What You Need
1 12-oz. can Spam Luncheon Meat
1 18-oz. can sweet potatoes, drained
1 8-oz. can fruit cocktail
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons margarine
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes in shallow casserole dish.
3. Keeping the Spam loaf intact, make five cuts partially through the loaf, and place loaf in dish.
4. Drain the fruit cocktail, but reserve juice.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir into reserved cocktail juice, then add margarine. Transfer to saucepan and heat to boiling. Simmer 5 minutes. Spoon about 2/3 of mixture over split loaf and sweet potatoes.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes. Baste with more juice mixture several times during cooking.
Return to Sweet Potato Recipes index
Mashed Potato Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes