This Spinach Risotto recipe makes 6-8 servings.
What You Need
1/2 pound spinach
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups arborio rice
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
What To Do
1. Remove stems from spinach and throw out any old, tough leaves. Wash well and drain. Place in saute pan with three tablespoons water; cover and cook over moderate heat just until spinach leaves start to wilt. Drain and press to dry. Chop spinach leaves coarsely and set aside.
2. In a separate saucepan, combine dry white whine and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter, then add rice and stir until rice is coated. Lower heat. Add broth to rice a little at a time, while stirring continuously. Allow the rice to absorb liquid before adding more.
4. When all liquid has been used, check for doneness (add more liquid if it's necessary to continue cooking).
5. Add another 2 tablespoons butter plus the chopped spinach. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and serve very hot. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Return to Spinach Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes