Baked Squash Casserole Recipe
What You Need
8 medium yellow squash
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 pound butter
6 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups American cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups saltine crackers, crushed
What To Do
1. Cut up squash and boil with onion and butter.
2. Salt & pepper to taste. Cook down to as little liquid as possible.
3. Add 1 cup milk and 1 1/2 cups cheese, let cool.
4. Mix beaten eggs and cheese mixture with squash.
5. Put into baking dish so that the mixture is about 1 1/2 inches thick.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cracker crumbs, dot with butter. Bake at 375 until bubbly.
Return to Squash Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes