This Cheesy Squash recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
6 yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 stick butter
1 tablespoon water
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray sides and bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange 1/3 of squash slices on bottom of casserole dish. Top with layer of chopped onion. Dot with butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Continue layering until ingredients are all in dish.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over casserole. Cover dish with foil; bake 90 minutes.
5. Sprinle cheese over top. Return to oven and broil until cheese is crusted and lightly browned.
Return to Squash Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes