Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
This Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
3 acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 cup water
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place squash, cut side down, in a large baking dish. Add water to dish. Bake 20 minutes.
3. While squash are in oven, combine butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar and apples in a bowl.
4. Remove squash from oven after 20 minutes and top each squash with equal amounts of brown sugar-apple mixture.
5. Return to oven for approximately 30 minutes (until squash feel tender when tested with fork).
6. Sprinkle pecans over top and serve.
Return to Squash Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes