Sweet and Hot Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
What You Need
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 chopped green onion
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 lb. fresh small button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/3 cup honey
Parsley sprigs or orange wedges, for garnish
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
What To Do
1. Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and garnish in saucepan.
2. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is well-blended.
3. Place mushrooms in heat-proof bowl; pour hot marinade over mushrooms.
4. Cover and marinate 2 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
5. Arrange mushrooms in serving dish, garnish and serve.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Vegetable Recipes index